We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Information office (TI)

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Information office (TI)

Does either Matlock and/or Matlock Bath have "official" Tourist Information Centers - ie. pick up brochures, get information, advice, maps, transit info.? I've looked online to no avail.

7 replies to this topic
QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

visitpeakdistrict.com/about-the-area/visitor…

According to this page from visitpeakdistrict.com they have ti "points," which sound like a slightly lower level of service.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

Thanks! "Points" probably refer to interpretive posted signs (?)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

My guess is that a TI point would have leaflets etc - but may not be as strong on personal service as a full centre - the link QQ2 has given has e-mail addresses so why not ask them direct if they will have what you need (and when they're open)?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

There is a picture and description of the Matlock Bath information point here: www.visitpeakdistrict.com/thedms.aspx…

It is inside the Peak Rail shop (which is probably Matlock town's main tourist attraction !)

The Visitor Information Point in Matlock Bath is/was in the Mining Museum at the Grand Pavilion on South Parade - see derbyshiredales.gov.uk/visit-the-dales/visit… I say is/was because I am a bit concerned that it seems to have disappeared off some tourist websites, so may have closed.

P-t-B

Edited: 31 May 2014, 03:37
Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

The tourist information is in the Peak District Lead Mining Museum in the Pavilion (a big pink/peach building). It is not manned but the staff at the museum are happy to help. There are lots of leaflets about the area and the rest of the Peak District. In summer it is open from 10-5 each day.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

There is a community centre with café in the Grand Pavilion in Matlock Bath which also houses a museum. This may be your best bet.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Information office (TI)

The question was asked in 2014, so information given in the early replies reflects the situation at that time.

Reply to: Tourist Information office (TI)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matlock Bath