We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

Hi All,

Travelling solo late August into September and thinking the below would work out well.

10 night trip:

Fly in to Split

1 to 3 - Hvar

3 to 6 - Dubrovnik

6 to 9 - Kotor

10 - Budva

Fly out of Podgorica

Any thoughts/concerns or recommended changes? I did not want to be traveling to a new city everyday.

Looking for a somewhat relaxing trip with healthy mix of relaxation, activities, nightlife and exploring/culture. I've reserved apartments in each city near the town center.

Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

6 replies to this topic
Novi Sad, Serbia
Destination Expert
for Serbia
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

You don't have to move from Kotor from Budva -- those are 20-minutes drive apart and well connected by buses or taxi. Choose the one you prefer more (Budva is much more lively and cosmopolitan and with more beaches, Kotor is prettier and calmer but virtually no beach) and do the other as a day trip.

I think 3 days in Dubrovnik is too much, and accommodation is rather expensive. I would prefer staying a couple of days more on Hvar, for the relaxing part of the holiday.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

Hvar is beautiful and rather relaxing, the opposite is Dubrovnik unfortunatly now. I was just there last week for a dayvisit. it is so packed that they even have police at the gates that closes the entrance when it is getting to busy. I did not enjoy my stay at all. Do not get me wrong, Dubrovnik is beautiful, but currently way to overrun(And super expensive, they hiked up the prices this year).

I could not imagine spending 3 days there.

Budva is vibrant and has 35 beaches, plus it is easy to get to Kotor via Bus or Taxi(I think Bus is €3, Taxi €15 each way)

Edited: 03 August 2018, 20:46
england
Destination Expert
for Montenegro
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

Accommodation in Cavtat is cheaper than Dubrovnik and Cavtat is a chilled out place with a nice marina. You can easily get a bus or cab from Cavtat to Dubrovnik - it isn't very far.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

Thanks very much for your insight. I've made some changes. Going to do first 2 nights in Split, 3 nights in Hvar, just 1 night in Dubrovnik, then 4 nights Montenegro between Kotor and Budva.

5 cities over 10 days is a little more traveling than I originally wanted but I figure I should see as much as I can while in the region. Staying mostly in city center apartments but may get in a decent hotel with a nice pool for last two nights of the trip in Budva..

OSKALOOSA
Level Contributor
432 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

This sounds better for a relaxing trip.

Having just returned, I am envious 😊

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva

That sounds better. I would still base myself for the Montenegro trip at one location, Kotor and Budva are under 30 min from each other, not really worth to pack up again, move to another hotel. Budva is vibrant and beach, Kotor more quiet and culture

Reply to: Rate my itinerary - Hvar, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Budva
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted