We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costs in Montenegro

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Costs in Montenegro

Hi, we are currently putting our budget together to visit and we would like to get an idea what the cost of living is in Montenegro. I am interested in the cost of meals in restaurants, drinks, local travel (train / bus etc). We would appreciate some guidance.

6 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Costs in Montenegro

Montenegro is still one of the cheapest countries in Europe. Questions like yours are hard to answer as we do not know you or what you intend to do. Plus you have a variety. You can have street food for €2.50 or a meal at a fancy restaurant for €10. Drinks are 50cents to €1 for sodas, Beer €1.10 in a supermarket-€2-.50 in a upscale bar, wine starts around €2-4

england
Destination Expert
for Montenegro
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Costs in Montenegro

I have to disagree with you on the 10 euro meal in a fancy restaurant, Alex. In somewhere like Galeon or Stari Mlini or Forza Mare you just will not get a meal for 10 euros.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Costs in Montenegro

Ok, let's say average restaurants. Fancy was maybe the wrong word. Here in Budva, even on the Beach,most meals are under €10, fresh and good. (and plenty)

OSKALOOSA
Level Contributor
442 posts
409 reviews
4. Re: Costs in Montenegro

Budget 15 euros per meal per person and you will take some money home.

Most hotels include breakfasts.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
20,117 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Costs in Montenegro

Because of this thread and as I am in Budva right now, I looked at some cards. Regular restaurants. I hardly found anything over €10(except Beefsteak and I do not even know what that is,lol)

Pizza/Pasta/Salad was between €6-9, drinks are cheap anyway. Beefsteak, I guess it is steak? started around €14.

Soups are mostly € 2.50 and fish dishes vary from €6 to €16

In general, for a popular beach location, it is not expensive at all

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
6. Re: Costs in Montenegro

Thank you for all the comments and information.

Reply to: Costs in Montenegro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted