We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
222 posts
23 reviews
7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Hi,

we've rented an apartment on an upper/isolate street in Conca dei Marini for 7 nights for beginning of sept., but we dont have a car, and arrive by plane at Napoli. I've read that public transportation from the airport to the rented apartment isn't good. With the exception of coastal road (difficult to reach from the above buildings), the roads in Conca appear as very winding and narrow.

Is it really that difficult to travel around Conca, along the Amalfi coast, and also to/from the Napoli airport, without a car? What are the options for public transportation (apart from a taxi)? Are we better off dropping the reservation on Conca and look for other places on the Amalfi coast better situated for public transport, to spend a week in september?

Thank you!

Ontario, Canada
3 posts
1. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

I was wondering how your vacation went in Conca dei Marino last fall. My husband and I are renting a villa there for 2weeks next month and are not planning to rent a car. Were you able to buy groceries locally and travel to the town's on the coast easily by bus? What did you think of the town and was it a good base to explore the Amalfi coast. I would really appreciate your comments and advice. Ciao! Nancy

Ontario, Canada
3 posts
2. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

I was wondering how your vacation went in Conca dei Marino last fall. My husband and I are renting a villa there for 2weeks next month and are not planning to rent a car. Were you able to buy groceries locally and travel to the town's on the coast easily by bus? What did you think of the town and was it a good base to explore the Amalfi coast. I would really appreciate your comments and advice. Ciao! Nancy

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
222 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Hi Nancy,

last year we cancelled the reservation for Conca dei Marini and went instead to Santorini, in Greece.

We were still planning to go to Amalfi coast this September, but another offering intervened and we will have to decide between Maiori (Amalfi coast) and Salou (in Spain). Chances are we will choose Salou, as we have never been to Spain.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I wish you an excellent stay on the Amalfi coast in Conca - or somewhere else!

Ontario, Canada
3 posts
4. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Thanks for the quick reply! Santorini is definitely on my destination wish list. Hopefully, we'll be able to get around the Amalfi coast without a car from Conca dei Marini. I know there is a bus that runs from town to town along the coast so hopefully that will be a good choice from where we are staying. Happy trails! Nancy

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
222 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Have a great time!

Alex

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

Your only option in Conca is to take the local SITA bus.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
7. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

I was wondering how your trip was without a car. My husband and I are staying for a week in July, also without a car. This is my only concern about are trip. Any helpful advice? Thank you! kim

8. Re: 7 nights in Conca dei Marini without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2018, 21:48
Get answers to your questions about Conca dei Marini