We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples airport to Amalfi

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Naples airport to Amalfi

I am trying to work out which is the best (easiest, quickest) plan to get from the Napoli airport (we arrive 3pm) to Amalfi (Conca dei Marini)?

Is it best to:

1. Bus to Napoli, train to Sorrento, SITA bus to Amalfi?

2. Bus directly to Sorrento, SITA bus to Amalfi?

3. Bus to Napoli, train to Salerno, SITA bus to Amalfi?

4. Any other public transport options??

9 replies to this topic
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

4. Alibus to Napoli Beverello Dock, Metro del Mare hydrofoil to Amalfi (extremely limited schedules, Monday through Friday from July 1 through August 31 ONLY).

www.metrodelmare.net

The easiest solution (with reasonable frequency) from the Naples AIRPORT is no. 2 above:

A. Curreri airport bus to Sorrento

B. SITA bus to Positano

www.curreriviaggi.it

www.sitabus.it

Solution 3 above is also a good option. To get to Amalfi from central Naples, it's faster to route through Salerno than through Sorrento.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

>>> 4. Alibus to Napoli Beverello Dock

Don't bother looking, the two Metro del Mare departures from Naples to Amalfi leave at 08:30 and 09:45...

Unless perhaps the intention was that you'd stay over, to travel the next morning?

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

Sometimes it's easy to see why people do cough up the price of the private car and driver!

By Alibus and train...

From airport, Alibus around 16:00 (ha, ha!), get to station 16.25. Fastish train to Salerno at 16.40, and arrive by 17:20. Then the SITA bus from Salerno at 17:30, get to Amalfi by 18:45.... some 3 hours after touchdown.

These timetables should be good until mid-September...

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXIII.pdf

Even if that's a little optimistic, it's a lot better than either of....

(1) The Curreri Viaggi bus... one leaves the airport at 16.30 daily - to arrive Sorrento at 17:45, tickets €10. You'd be heading against the flow of people, so it ought to be relatively easy to take the SITA bus from there... Probably not the 17:45, but the next - at 18:25, to arrive Amalfi 20:05.

or

(2) SITA bus to Salerno... Mon/Sat only, departures at 15:30 (unlikely, I'd say - given the time it took when returning to Ischia 2 weeks back!) and 19:30. That one arrives Salerno 20:35, from where the 21:30 SITA service gets to Amalfi by 22:45 - seven hours after your arrival...

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Salerno-Capodichino.pdf

Tired just thinking about it!

Peter

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

Oh wow, thanks for all your help everyone! I thought it was looking that it would be complex, but wanted to know if I was missing something easier!

Hmmm... yes I am starting to see why people hire drivers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,295 posts
5. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

If in the budget, private drivers are such a grat way to go. They await you with a sing with your name on it, take your bag to the and then you get to relax and enjoy the view until you arrive at your destination. So very nice.

Too bad there are so few sea options because that too is a delightful way to arrive.

London, United...
1 post
6. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

Can anyone recommend the best companies for private drivers? Would be helpful to find out a price quote from Naples airport to Conca dei Marini.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
718 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

you can check Guemar. Transferelax, world tours

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

I can't remember the company I used, but it was around €120 in 2011. It seemed like a lot, but it was well worth it, it was a very luxurious car, and I was whisked away from the airport and taken directly to my hotel in no time.. Much better than any public transport options, and I felt like royalty!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
9. Re: Naples airport to Amalfi

Thank you all for the fantastic information!

Based on all your responses, we have booked with a transfer service (Transferelax), which has great reviews on Trip Advisor) and has better prices than their competitors.

Reply to: Naples airport to Amalfi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Conca dei Marini