We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Hi,

My partner & I are coming to Rhodes town end of July (slightly worried it will be too hot!), abnd we are looking for a boat trip.

When we've gone to Turkey we like the quiet gullet type trips where you stop off and swim etc and there is no music blaring and people drinking copious amounts etc.

Have looked online but can't seem to find any peaceful type ones. Any recommendations?

Also on a side note, do you think car hire is a good idea? We like to explore.

Thanks so much :)

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Hi Peagirl.

July will be hot with temperatures of possibly 40c plus. You can take a boat from Mandraki Harbour to Lindos which stops for people to swim. It leaves at 0900 and returns from Lindos at 1430. Alternatively you could go one way and get a later bus back to Rhodes from Lindos. I commented on car hire in your earlier post. Despite what Saleman said Kamiros is on the East Coast! Another place worth a visit is Kalithea Spa. You can get the West Coast bus there from Rhodes Town.

If you want any further info please PM me as I'm in Pefkosat the moment.

Dave

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Hi again.

I think I may have got you confused with another post re Saleman! Mt advice is still the same though!

Dave

Greece
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Kamiros is on the west coast, Kalithea is east coast, you're getting your E and W confused!

Edited: 01 June 2016, 21:14
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Thanks both for your replies :)

I did write a post a week or few ago, but couldn't find it hence posting again.

Am slightly worried about the heat tbh!!

So rather than pre book it's best to just turn up at the harbour and see what's what do you think?

Thanks

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Hi.

Captains Tours have a web site showing different boat trips and I believe they will pick you up from your hotel. July is hot but most of the boats have sheltered areas.

Thank you Spezial_1. After 14 visits I have been put right! Lol.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,048 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Kameiros

http://tinyurl.com/cshqzh

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

You should be able to get a boat trip to Anthony Quinn Bay/Kalithea/Stegna from Mandraki harbour.

This sort of thing - others , perhaps quieter, are available.

As you say it's best to go to the harbour in the evening and suss out the boats and negotiate a price.

holidays-essential.com/rhodes-excurasions-co…

Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

Thanks everyone, I shall look in to it further.

9. Re: Quiet boat trips from Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations