We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

I've seen a few threads regarding walking to/from Ixia and Rhodes Town but none mention if there is a pavement all the way or if this requires some walking on the road itself. Youtube videos show a promenade but as you get closer to the town there does not appear to be any path. Travelling solo so would prefer to walk than get a taxi. Also may be late evening so bus seems to be out.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

I'm staying in Ixia and would like to visit Symi. All of the trips I've seen involve a long day. I've got a child with me so would prefer a shorter trip. Are there any options to do this? And if I have to go for the long trip is it worth paying extra for the trip that advertises a smaller private yacht with refreshments and admittance to the monastery?

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

Hi Kaiserzlartz

Your viewing of youtube is fairly correct - there is a promenade up until the incline that takes you into Rhodes Town proper. From there just stick to the cliff side - carefully ;-) till you come down the other side of the incline where there is pavement again. Taxis back from town to your hotel is probably a better option later in the evening than walking. Enjoy

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

Is it possible to turn inland before this point to get to the old town?

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

Hi Deniseall

You can go inland at the corner by the Rodos Hotel, walk up a very steep hill, keep bearing to the left and you come out by the Acropolis, eventually, and the Temple of Apollo, walk on down towards the town from there and eventually you'll get to Old Town - would say it was a longer and steeper walk though with some stunning views. Enjoy

Edited: 31 May 2016, 13:31
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

Thanks.

6. Re: Ixia to Rhodes Town walk.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2017, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town