We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Harmony, Maine
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

In June, I have found Rhodes to Turkey ferries with evening departures(preferably) and need your help, please. Are there any other companies other than Yesil Dalyan that runs Rhodes-fethiye route on Mon, Wed., Fri. leaving Rhodes at 4:30pm? I am concerned that if the ferry is canceled we will have to wait 2 days before the next ferry and that will put a damper on the rest of the trip plans, especially if I have prepaid for ferry, car, hotels everywhere. We prefer buying ferry tkts. online now to help with trip planning.

How reliable is Rhodes-Fethiye ferry run by Yesil Dalyan or any company in June? i have read some reports of Fethiye cancellations due to weather or ferry not selling enough tickets. If the Fethiye ferry is cancelled, are there good chances that the Marmaris ferry is also cancelled on the same day if weather is a factor?

I found another site http://www.e-ferry.gr that shows a route from Rhodes-Dalaman airport. Called them and they said they run a 9am ferry on the Flying Dolphin(Sealine Ltd.) from Rhodes to Marmaris and then bus to Dalaman airport all paid for on the same ticket. They said they do not run the Fethiye route due to rough seas and often canceled departures to Fethiye. They recommend the Marmaris ferry plus Dalaman airport bus transfer instead, since it is more reliable than the Rhodes-Fethiye route. Does this make sense? Has anyone tried this route by E-ferry? If yes, is the bus an express that goes directly from Marmaris port to Dalaman airport with the express bus waiting for ticketed ferry passengers at Marmaris port? Since we are traveling with kids, i want to try and make this trip as smooth as I possibly can.

We plan to rent a car wherever we land either Fethiye or Dalaman airport, so car rental reservations will depend on us getting to destination as planned.

Please suggest options. Thanks a lot.

11. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2015, 11:35
12. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2015, 11:35
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Was the Symi - Datcha service running last year then? (which is what I'd take "successfully" to mean).

Strange, as I was on Symi for a total of 4 weeks in summer 2015 and never saw it operate once! There wasn't any advertising for it either.

Edited: 28 November 2015, 11:21
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Dear all , please note that if in the coming summer you will need to travel from Rhodes , Greece to Fethiye , Turkey it is essential to know that in this specific route there is nothing else to pay besides your ticket . There is no extra charge , port tax , or port fee . Just make sure with the site or the agency you buy the ticket with that besides the ticket there is nothing else to pay . There is no Port Tax payable to Fethiye Port nor any charge for Rhodes Port . There are two companies operating this route . One is charging and the other one does not . If you need more help post your question and I will guide you to the correct company .

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Just would like to inform all members and travelers that from Fethiye to Rhodes and from Rhodes to Fethiye there are tow companies . One is Tuana Maritime and the other is Phoenix Marine which is cooperating with www.e-ferry.gr . Due to the competition Tuana Maritime spreads rumors and when a passenger holding an e-fery ticket shows up at the port they do not give him the correct information informing him that the company is closed etc etc . The ferry that all passengers holders of e-ferry tickets should be looking at is Hydrofoil AEGEAN PRINCE no other . So I ask all travelers to be very careful and ask information from official Travel Information Agencies from the Ministry

16. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Removed on: 29 May 2016, 21:35
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

Why this is inappropriate ? This is accurate information which cause confusion and delays in embarkation of passengers . Also passengers are forced sometimes to buy new tickets due to receiving wrong and misleading information

18. Re: PLEASE help-Ferry Rhodes to Marmaris or Fethiye

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town