We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Hi all, love this forum, some great advice!

I just booked some flights in and out of Mykonos for June 2017 and my ideal itinerary would include Paros and Serifos (I've done Mykonos a couple of times so not too worried about spending much time there).

I'm only now realising that the itinerary will take a bit of juggling to match with ferries! So on arrival I plan to hop over from Mykonos to Paros for a few nights. Then it sounds like there is a Tue & Sun ferry from Paros to Serifos for a few nights there. But what is the best way to then connect back to Mykonos? My return flight is a Sunday so going back via Paros isn't an option. I assume there are some islands on the daily Athens route that connect easily with Mykonos. Any that don't take an age nor require an overnight stopover?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Hi,

Yes, the outward journey is as you say, I did the very same some years ago and it's not changed, just stay on Paros until one of the twice weekly interisland ferries turn up, the alternative is of course Syros. Hopefully no upsets for next year.

The return depends on how long you have, and where you want go after Serifos. I use the basic principle of going to any of the Central Cyclades (Santorini, Ios, Naxos, Paros/Antiparos, Syros) then you can get to Mykonos with a daily ferry service.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Thanks Retired Hippy, glad I'm on the right lines! What I'm not sure of is which of those central Cyclades to use as the transit point. Are they all easily accessible from Serifos? It will be a Friday or Saturday I need to travel.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Looking at the timetables for this year you could get from Serifos to Mykonos on Saturday by using Seajet2. However, that is not recommended as it is a long journey on a small catamaran that is prone to give you a rough ride if it windy. The other would be to use the Adamantios Korais (a large traditional ferry) from Serifos to Ios and then Hellenic Highspeed (a large catamaran) from Ios to Mykonos. Whether the timetables will be the same next year is anyone's guess. Are you wanting to do it in one day or do you want to spend a few days on another island?

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos

Thanks for the reply. Quite flexible really - will consider doing it in one day if the overall travel time isn't too great. If we're talking long ferry trips, it would make sense to split the journey. As the intended focus of my trip is Paros and Serifos, it would likely just be a single night stopover.

The seajet2 looks a looong journey! So I'm guessing splitting the trip is best?

Reply to: Best connection from Serifs to Mykonos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serifos