We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather?

Greetings

Can anybody tell me how the weather is, as a general rule, on Serifos in the last week of September and the first week of October? I can refer to weather sites online, but I think they're not as accurate as they might be.

Is it usually much below 30 degrees during the day? Does it rain much? Is the water still as warm as it normally in in Greece during early September?

Many thanks

8 replies to this topic
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather?

I have once been to Sifnos (neighboer to Serifos) in the end of September. One afternoon we had a really strong thunderstorm with a heavy rainfall. The water flooded down the alleys and out of the roof-pipes. The next day we went to the beach as normal. It will hardly be as warm as 30 degrees, more like 22-25, but it may happen. The water is probably still around 22-24 degrees.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather?

Thanks very much for your response; will keep it in mind.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather?

Im going 21/9 ill let you know

Ian

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather?

Hi, Im going on 21-9, ill let you know

Ian

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather?

Very good of you. Thanks very much.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's the weather?

Hi, 25C or so. Mostly sunny. We also had thunder storms but early morning, 6am. cleared up by 9.00am.

Very nice place.

Enjoy your trip

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
906 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's the weather?

Serifos seems always to be a bit windy that other western and central Cycladic islands.

ianw1959246, did you have thunderstorms this morning? Wow - we are here on Paros and there was nothing. Last year at this time of year we had 2 days of heavy rain and thunderstorms on Serifos and there was very little rain on Paros.

With the strong north wind it is quite cool here on Paros. People are wearing a second layer even during the day and aircon is not needed at night, but a blanket is.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's the weather?

You may observe the lightening activity here http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=36.9103;x=23.2253;z=7;t=3;m=sat;r=0;s=0;o=0;b=;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Edited: 28 September 2016, 13:37
Reply to: How's the weather?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serifos