We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Serifos

reading
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry to Serifos

I am travelling to Serifos from Piraeus on the morning of 3rd September. Speedrunner 4 is fast, but I get slightly claustrophobic on this type of vessel. I would prefer to travel on the Adamantios Korais where I can wander about on deck, even though the journey takes considerably longer. My question is : does this ferry have a reasonably good timekeeping record? (Ignoring very bad weather of course). Can anyone help or point me in the right direction for this type of info.

Many thanks.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Serifos

I'm not sure where you would look for timekeeping history but Serifos is the first stop after leaving Piraeus so there's no reason for it to be late. I don't think you need worry.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,044 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Serifos

Are you sure you know exactly what the ferry type is. The Speedrunners are a monohull much closer to a conventinal ferry in size, comfort, and have an outside deck(very windy). Nothing like a small catamaran, Seajet 2/Superjet.

On your date the Adamantios Korais is a choice but for price, it's cheaper than the Speedrunner 4.

Either arrive at a decent time, no worries, it is a first stop on a route so timekeeping is essentially a non existent consideration.

reading
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Serifos

Thanks to both people replying. My thoughts were that if the Adam. Korais usually departed on time, I'd prefer to travel on it.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,044 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Serifos

You are lucky you have such a wide choice of ferries to Serifos.

There does tend to be a bit of a clag up of ferries leaving early morning from Piraeus, however arriving around mid day is ideal.

You can go here and look at time keeping if you are curious. Today 20 min late leaving Piraeus, that's essentially nothing, no worries.

Their other ferry the Andreas Kalvos 11 mins late leaving Piraeus and 30 min late at Serifos, again no worries at all.

marinetraffic.com/en/…20KORAIS

marinetraffic.com/en/…20KORAIS

reading
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Serifos

Thanks Hippy.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Serifos

We have used the Speedrunner 4 several times and while it has a very large and comfortable interior, we always prefer to ride the slower open-air ferry boats anytime it is available. Avoid the smaller Superjet.

Karen

reading
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Serifos

Thanks Karen

8. Re: Ferry to Serifos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2017, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about Serifos
Recent Conversations