We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus between Chora and Livadi

7 posts
Save Topic
Bus between Chora and Livadi

Hi, myself and some friends are thinking about staying in Chora, but we'd rather not have to hire a car. Is the bus that runs between Chora and Livadi easy to use / frequent / reliable? We're visiting in early July. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Livadi
Livadi
Serifos, Greece
bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

The bus runs every 30 minutes or so between Chora and the boat/yacht jetty in the middle of Livardi. Not sure of the time of the last bus.

Obviously up to you , but Livardi is a much more convenient place to stay ;almost all the accommodation, shops and tavernas are there and you're closer to most of the beaches.

Having visited Serifos a number of times over the years , I wouldn't stay at Chora.

Mentioned in this post
Serifos
Serifos
Cyclades, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

It's been hourly when I go in June. I take the bus up but walk down. I don't stay in Chora as the port has more action and most of the accommodation. I don't think there is any particular advantage in Chora, the choice is there of course if you wish.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

Same as B_S. It's far more convenient to stay in Livadi than in Chora. Besides the bus it's also a nice walk from Livadi to Chora. Usually I took the bus to go to Chora and then walked back.

Mentioned in this post
Livadi
Livadi
Serifos, Greece
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

Great, thanks for the quick response. We've debated whether to stay in Livadi or Chora quite a bit, but we found a place with such a great view in Chora that I think we're going to go for it.

Mentioned in this post
Livadi
Livadi
Serifos, Greece
Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

Crossposted with R_H

:-)

6. Re: Bus between Chora and Livadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2017, 01:48
Get answers to your questions about Serifos
Recent Conversations