We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon ferry to Serifos

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon ferry to Serifos

Hi,

last year I took a Hellenic SeaCat ferry to Serifos at about 3.00pm. I have been looking at ferries this year and I can't seem to find one other than 7.00 in the morning which I can't get unless I stay a day and night in Athens which I'd prefer not to do.

Am I just not looking properly or have some ferries stopped this year?

Any knowledge/information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Vanessa

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

And what period would that be you're looking to catch an afternoon ferry from Pireaus to Serifos?

If in July/August you have:

Mondays in July: Adamantios Korais at 2PM

Mondays and Wednesdays in August: Adamantios Korais at 2PM

Fridays in July and August: Andreas Kalvos at 2.30PM

http://zanteferries.gr/scedule-new/?lang=en

From June10th till September 11th there is also Seajets at 2.45PM every day of the week

https://www.seajets.gr/en/Schedule-824.htm See the Piraeus-Western Cyclades timetable

See also the Aegean Speedlines timetable. They have some days with a 4.30 or 5PM sailing from Piraeus.

aegeanspeedlines.gr/site/index.php/en/schedu…

Hellenic Seaways have switched their flying cat that ran this service last year to their Sporades lines.

Edited: 17 April 2016, 21:00
Shepperton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

Hellenic seem to shifted the Flying Cats to other routes in Saronic/Sporades isles and left the western routes service to their Artemis car ferry....guess it wasn't making them any money?

They ran the FC3 at 3pm last year to Serifos/Sifnos....Koufonisi, although I can't find an old schedule to confirm this...I know because I used it :))

This year, there is Seajet Superjet passenger cat at 2.45pm starting from 10th June, with an Aegean Speedrunner starting Fridays only 4.30pm from early May, gradually developing into a more or less daily service at 5pm by mid-July. I don't know if Aegean may add more days early on in the season....depends on demand I suppose. They're all on https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp so you can cross check against your dates. I think I remember you used the same easyjet flight we did, ie, arrives about noon, so a 2pm ferry's a bit bit tight on time...

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

Thank you very much. It would be Tuesday 21st June, so there seem to be a couple of options.

Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

@ Jonathan C.

Thanks very much, yes I went at a similar time last year!

It looks like I can get the Seajet as I'm arriving on a Tuesday. I was there with time for lunch last year when the ferry was at 3.00 so 2.45 ought not to be a problem, as long as there are no flight delays.

I'll check nearer the time again. Just living vicariously through future plans!

V

Shepperton, United...
Level Contributor
745 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

Seems that Serifos has captured your heart then!

I agree, the perfect island I thought... :))

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

Yes, don't tell anyone though, that was part of it's charm! 😁

7. Re: Afternoon ferry to Serifos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2017, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Serifos