We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliff roads

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cliff roads

Hi all

I had decided on Sifnos for a week this year in either June or September but have just discovered Serifos and think I'm swaying towards that for the quietness and lovely beaches.

I would like to hire a car for a few days but it will be my first time driving abroad. How are the roads in Serifos? Are there any steep/scary cliff roads?

Also, is it easy to hire a car on the island and will they drop it where you are staying, or do you need to pick it up?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Bristol
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliff roads

Hi. Sorry just seen this post. Serifos is great. Car hire is easy through Coralli by the ferry but I would book ahead. Some of the roads are quite hairy though, but that goes for lots of greek islands.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliff roads

Quite hilly with hardly any traffic. Most of the accommodation is in Livadi within walking distance of the hire company mentioned above.

Perhaps the best beach, Psilli Ammos is a forty minute walk over the hills at the end of the bay.

Anavasi publish a good hiking/ driving map, 1:25000 of Serifos.

Reply to: Cliff roads
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serifos