We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Hello

Do the hoteliers meet you off the boat as they do on the other Cyclades islands? We are travelling 30th Aug - mid sept

Thank you

8 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Not in my limited experience of visiting the island. However as it isn't a large settlement that isn't any great problem as having a wander round and seeking somewhere out shouldn't be too difficult. The only problem might be is if you are arriving on a Friday or possibly Saturday as it is a popular island for Athenians to visit at weekends. If that is the case it might pay you to pre-book for at least the first night.

It is a while since we have been there so things may well be different now.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

I've been there twice--once in mid July and once in late September--and there were no 'rooms' people at the dock on either occasion. But peterdh is right: unless you're incapacitated somehow or have small children, you can find something on your own. I would probably book in advance though--it's a bit of a pain to find something on arrival, and the vast majority (all?) of the accommodation is not on the waterfront but in the streets further back.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

We visited in June a couple of years ago and did not see any other than owners meeting guests with reservations.

Karen

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Thank you everyone

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,057 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

In my experience of three times, they don't, never seen anyone though there might be minivans lurking. There are basically three directions where Rooms for Rent and Small hotels are - to the left over the hill to the Livadaki area, road to Chora, and to the right around the bay past the clutch of tavernas etc.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

All very accurate comments above .My experiences have been towards the end of September , never seen anyone meeting the ferries . There is a very helpful travel and ticket agency at the end of the ferry pier which may help with accommodation .

Walking along the sea front past the tavernas, bars and shops and over the footbridge there are some OK inexpensive hotels and studio rooms .

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Just to add to the last post. I would recommend staying in the port /bay area as this is where the majority of the tavernas and bars are so making life easier for yourself in an evening. The Chora is best kept for a daytime visit where it makes for a pleasant stroll through the narrow and interesting lanes where you get a good idea of a typical Cyclades settlement of yesteryear. The are some places where you can sit and have a Frappe and enjoy the peace and tranquil nature of the place but it isn't a place to stay really.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos

Thank you very much for your help

Reply to: Hoteliers meeting you off the boat on Serifos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serifos
Recent Conversations