We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

Hi all,

We haven't locked down any dates or anything for our holidays this year, but we generally go for the first two weeks of September. We're considering adding Serifos to our itinerary this year (we've talked about it the last three years but it never seemed to make the cut!)

We love Sifnos, it's probably our favourite island so far and I know Serifos is quite close to it, what I'm wondering really is will it be very quiet come September? What's the weather usually like this time of year? (Our second trip to Sifnos was in September and it was very windy and there was some rain one of the days, we could see a big difference in the weather compared to the first time we visited the island which was in August)

I'm assuming Livadi is the best/only place to stay on the island?

Any opinions or suggestions about anything related to Serifos greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Leanne

15 replies to this topic
Llano, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

We will also be in Greece, sailing, the first two weeks of September. We love Serifos. The view of the Chora above the port as you are entering the harbor is one of the most beautiful in Greece. There is a hidden gem toward the back of the port town. There is a couple who make their own cheeses, jams, and liqueur from their own goats, lemons, and native herbs. Ask the owner of the biggish hotel in the middle of the port road for directions to Rita's house - about a 15 minute walk and hard too find. When you are closer, you can ask the people in the hardware store! Rita and her husband are so wonderful and will show you their farm. Don't miss the copper still in the barn! I tried to add a couple of photos, but I guess you can only do that in reviews.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

Thanks everyone - I'm suitably reassured!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

I would suggest you staying 4 or maximum 5 days in Serifos and save more days for Milos if you are planning to visit it as it is quite bigger and you may need 6 days to visit its must sees. Serifos is a beautiful island you will never regret visiting. If you are still looking for accommodation in Livadaki I would suggest you Medousa apartnments. In early September it will already be quiet in Cyclades. I would just cut Folegandros out from your list as Milos and Serifos are really pretty and Sifnos is also worth a visit. If you need more info about Serifos you can check out my blog post: https:/…

1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

We just got back from Serifos. Avoid the port and take the trouble to go up to Chora, a lovely town dramatically perched on a steep hill.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos

Thanks Bertrand M - we're definitely going to spend some time in Chora, it sounds great!

Thalia P only seeing your reply now. We've been to Sifnos twice now and love it, it's still our favourite island despite having visiting others. It will be our second trip to both Milos and Folegandros which is why we want to spend a little bit more time on Serifos, it being our first time there.

Hopefully we made the right choice, but regardless of that we always seem to have a great time in Greece so I have high hopes again for this year!!

Reply to: Looking for some info/opinions on Serifos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Serifos