We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October trip report

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
81 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
October trip report

Hi,

Having been to Santorini 2 years ago in October for our honeymoon we decided to return again in October, this time was abit later 18th - 26th.

First 4 days we spent in kamari at makris hotel which was a good place to stay with excellent seaview and from our balcony I saw my first sunrise, which in my opinion is far more spectacular then a sunset.

Unfortunately before we arrived the princes restaurant, which was part of the hotel where we would have had breakfast burned down, shame as I was looking forward to that.

Kamari was quiet compared to our pervious vist many restaurants were closed or getting ready to close and didn't have the buzz as it did before, sometimes it did have a ghost town kinda feel.

Mini golf was open €7 per adult my 5 year old son loved this so we went twice getting a discount on the 2nd visit.

Having child with us on this visit was a totally different experience especially eating out and finding food he woukd eat, but I must say every restaurant we went to on the island cooked everything we asked for and would give him food that wasn't on the menu.

Our last 4 days 22nd - 26th we stayed in firostefani staying at ellinon thea boutique hotel, loved firostefani would definitely stay there again but hotel, its a nice place, clean with friendly staff snd a hot tub but I wouldn't stay there again.

There were many people around but many restaurants were closed, we walked to imerovigli la madison,lets eat and skaros fish restaurant were closed, we had dinner in bella thira, the shop opposite bella thira was still open.

Having never been to fira before we walked along the cliff and was amazed how quick it was, walked it about 3 or 4 times, lovely walk with great views.

Fira was not packed, when we was there only 1 cruise ship was in the port per day, some good things for going late in the season.

I loved fira and would go again in oct.

Spent a day visiting akrotiri archaeological site which we got a taxi too for £25 euros from firostefani which was a good day out, loved the walk down to the little bay for lunch with more great views.

Overall had another great time in Santorini would still go in October as it's not busy, busses were good and so easy, restaurant not packed, weather good , sometimes needed a jacket in the evening but definitely not in the day,

Last but not least that view of the valcano is still the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. LOVE SANTORINI.

Ananda x

I will be back

1 reply
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October trip report

India thanks for the trip report, I enjoyed it very much.

Reply to: October trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted