We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firostefani take out food suggestions

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Firostefani take out food suggestions

Hi All,

We have a small group of adults coming to Firostefani next week. We are renting a villa and will be arriving at different times during the day. I know we will all be tired from our long trip and I wanted to have a selection of easy food, beer, wine, etc. so people can eat when they arrive. I will arrive earlier in the day and wanted some suggestions of recommended places for take out (away) that wouldn't be too far. Are their good markets in area you can recommend? None of us have ever been to Greece, so we are very excited to be having this experience for my daughter's wedding.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firostefani take out food suggestions

Both uphill and downhill from the Firostefani bus "square", about 100 yards along the main road, you will find some small 'mini-markets'. Near the square itself but towards the cliff is Aktaion, a traditional Greek Taverna. You can ask about takeout there. Otherwise the closest takeout will be downhill in Fira.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firostefani take out food suggestions

Thank you. We will be close to Agiow Gerasimos Square, if that is what you are referring to. I'm just trying to be prepared for a befuddled, jet lagged brain 😉.

Standish, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
932 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firostefani take out food suggestions

Around and about the square in Firostefani there are a number of places to grab take out. On the short Main Street in Firostefani (set back towards the cliff, pedestrianised, not the main road for vehicles) there are two mini markets where you can get all the essentials such as water, soft and alcoholic drinks and food basics. We have just had gyros/souvlaki from a place called WhyNot! and they were great for quenching hunger - little wraps filled with kebab meat, salad and chips. They cost €2.70 and take about 2 minutes to make. Alternatively, you will probably be able to get somewhere like Da Vinci (or sister restaurant Pirouni) to do you a take out - we didn't finish our meal there yesterday and they put it all into boxes for us to take home.

4. Re: Firostefani take out food suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2017, 13:48