We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smaro Studios

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Smaro Studios

Does anybody has any idea or opinion about Smaro Studios in Firostefani? I'm looking for a self catering accommodation for my visit to Santorini during 2nd week of April 2017 with a Caldera View from the room or balcony and it seems Smaro Studios tick that box.

I would like to get any heads up about the best rooms there in terms of the amenities and the view from the room. I also need to know if basic amenities like superstore or local shops, public transport or taxis etc are available nearby within walking distance. Any additional information that I need to be aware of is also welcome.

12 replies to this topic
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smaro Studios

There are 136 reviews of Smaro Studios here on TA and 207 reviews on booking.com. After reading all the reviews if you have more questions you can send a private message to anyone here on TA you think might have the information you couldn't find.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Smaro Studios

Hi Brotherleelove,

Thanks for your response. I have gone through the reviews and shortlisted this based on those reviews. But I'm trying to decide among the Smaro Studios in Firostefani, Delfini Villas in Oia and Pantelia Suites in Fira. All seem to have ticked the box with Caldera views from the rooms/balcony and being self catering. A quick comparison or suggestions from the experts is what I was looking for.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smaro Studios

Dear shubho1981, Smaro studios it is very nice place but have about 200-300 steps and free transfer service I think so and it is very close to Fira town (600 m), Delfini villas has fewer steps but it is more far from Fira and transfer it is not included, about Pantelia suites it's also great cliff side location in heart of Fira town. Check by yourself on TripAdvisor.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smaro Studios

Dear Elena,

Thanks for your inputs. I have booked the Studio Andreas in Smaro Studios. Any idea about the room size and the view available from the room? It says has a Caldera view on the website. Are you in a position to confirm that? There are pictures available as well but I know pictures are sometimes deceiving.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smaro Studios

To be honest I don't now how many square meters is the studio, Andreas but I'm 100% sure the room have cliff side view and private terrace. Smaro studios it is situated in really nice and a quite area next door to Dana villas. You will bee have a nice time in Santorini I'm sure. Enjoy your staying!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,338 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smaro Studios

Unfortunately, not everyone who writes reviews also use the forums (and vice versa).

Going by photos - which I often find *tell* more than words, and the map on www.booking.com + reviews, it appears that reviews aren't bad (booking.com). Some mention the lack of a pool - only a plunge pool / spa.

The map also indicates the hotel is near a public pathway, so check reviews if they talk about lack of privacy.

If the hotel mentions a 'caldera' view, then it most likely has one.

When it doesn't, they usually try and 'fudge' the issue by saying it has "a sea view" - which looks to the eastern shore and Anafi.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Smaro Studios

Thanks Elena and Kennydon both for your inputs. :)

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smaro Studios

I have booked Smaro Studios for the beginning of June. The information about the free transfer is incorrect. I see that information is on the booking.com website but when the hotel was contacted directly they offer transfers from the Airport through a partner for 10 Euro each. Likely a shuttle. I researched it a lot before I booked it. Things I found out: 17 minute walk to Carrafour large grocery store in Fira, lots of minimarts in the area for immediate needs. Also the breakfast is fabulous, almost everyone who eats it raves about it, premises are spotless, no pool, only dip pool, free fruit, nuts and wine on arrival, Andreas has private patio and great view (I booked that one too!). Minifridge stocked with water on arrival. Mother/son team very friendly, son speaks good English and can also offer you tours locally. I hope that helps! You might consider reading the hotel reviews on Expedia and booking,com for more information as well :) Have a great time! Considering posting a review of the hotel after you stay there!

Edited: 11 April 2017, 08:32
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smaro Studios

I've just found out transfers from port/airport to Smaro Studios are with LTS transfers for 10 euro pp each way and the hotel books them for you, pay driver upon pickup. Smaro Studios is very responsive with their emails, always responding within 24 hours (keeping in mind being 14 hour time difference from where I am) so if you have any other questions you might consider emailing them directly, even if you book through a supplier.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
219 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smaro Studios

Shubho1981- as you said you will be staying at smaro in april2nd week.

I was just curious for your feedback about the hotel as i am also visiting santorini with a 3.5 year old and smaros is one of my options.

We will be renting a car, is it easy to park near the hotels and are the steps too many?

Thanks

Reply to: Smaro Studios
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted