We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Snorkeling

Looking to snorkel when we are in Hopkins late May. Looking at Cat's Meow vs. Belize Underwater. Will be me, my husband and our college age daughters. Want to go to the Barrier Reef. Would one company be better than the other for our girls? Or is there another company we should consider?

4 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Snorkeling

Greetings. I live here in Hopkins and happen to know the Cat's Meow owners personally. Great folks, great boat, great time.

In no way am I saying anything negative about the other choices...just my 1st hand experience with Kenney and Dory.

9 posts
2. Re: Snorkeling

Guthrie, We are wanting to go to Belize Jan 3-10 and do the bioluminescent tour. How should we get from airport in Belize city to Hopkins then back to belize city to Catch a water taxi to Caye caulker? 3 girl ages 18-27 and we are looking to go cheap however we don't want to be on bus for 4 hours to get there.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Snorkeling

hmmmm....don't have a cheaper option for you than the bus. Tropic Air or Maya fly it in 20 minutes for a couple of hundred US per traveler. You could rent a car at the BC airport(I use Crystal) for 50/60 US per day. Plan 3 hours each way if no stops at the Zoo or cave tubing etc

jay

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Snorkeling

There are several shuttle services that offer competitive pricing. If you include a tour of some sort the transportation is not much more expensive. A few to look at are Roam Belize, Discount Shuttles Belize, Untame Belize. Levi started the luminescent tour here. To book with him go through Windschief (either in person or on their website.)

Reply to: Snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hopkins