We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parkroyal penang

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
parkroyal penang

Does anyone know when the rooms were last renovated, and if they have renovated all the rooms or only a selection (ie only the more expensive rooms)?

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parkroyal penang

5yrs ago . Probably all.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parkroyal penang

Btw the rooms are ok n the food superb esp the breakfast selection

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parkroyal penang

There was a post in May tripadvisor.com.au/…40844881 which was replied to by the manager, Francois Sigrist. Two months later thinks have probably changed.

Gaja

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parkroyal penang

Francois drops in here on occassions ...but from what I hear rooms are in very good condition as are the pool area etc..do not think you will be disappointed

5. Re: parkroyal penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2016, 03:30
Brisbane
Level Contributor
298 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parkroyal penang

We stayed for three nights in Feb 2012 and had no complaints. Endorse the comments on an excellent breakfast buffet.

Did one evening meal due to torrential rain and it was good, but expensive by comparison to available on the street options.

Minimart across the road is good for beer, mixers and snacks.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parkroyal penang

We too can add a vote for the fantastic breakfast buffet!!! We used to stay at the Park Royal all the time, though now travel on a much more restricted budget so while we don't stay there anymore we do visit occasionally for a bit of a splurge.

We breakfasted at the Parkroyal when we were in Penang in February and the standard has not changed from when we used to stay there. We pretty much rolled out after our breakfast!!! Lots of yummy food to choose from!

We've also stopped by for a couple of cocktails nearby the pool (in their Cool Bananas bar) - the grounds really are beautiful! Sparkling pools, lovely gardens! Also, you'll notice when you walk along the beach that the sand seems softer outside the Parkroyal (the sand on Batu Ferringhi beach is generally quite course) - this is because the resort at times brings in softer sand for their section of the beach!

We've never been disappointed with the Parkroyal- if you do stay, be sure to share your experiences with us all :o)

Lise & Sabrina

Melbourne
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parkroyal penang

We just came back from the Park Royal and had a family suite with an ocean view. Whilst I wouldn't say the room was recently renovated, it was clean, quite nice and had everything we needed. We loved our stay there and would definitely be a return customer to the PR if we ever returned to Penang. I also had a look at one of the larger suites because we met some people staying in one and I really liked the layout but again not recently renovated if that is what you are looking for (it was still very nice).

Cocktails were better than the ones we had at Raffles in Singapore, so that is saying something. Have to agree with Lise and Sabrina, I don't know how you can be disappointed with this hotel.

...and thanks for the info on the sand on the beach because the beach was certainly better than I expected.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 15:25
Batu Ferringhi...
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: parkroyal penang

Sorry for my late reply , I have to admit I overlooked to visit this section of TripAdvisor and apologise. We have refurbished our room in 2003 and some 2006 however I leave to read the guests with their personal view which I am sure you will trust more than my word ;))

we are actually in stage to do a refreshment of our room with change of flooring in the room and corridors, change all the beds, improve the room setting and lighting. We are also looking at some other hotel facilities to be upgraded this year. All is plan to be done without any disturbances ( in fact we did 5 sample room and no one notice about it ) we keep looking at improvement for our guests comfort and minimizing any possible disturbance. if you need any further information or assistance , do contact us personally.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Very sincerely,

Francois

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: parkroyal penang

I have stayed repeatedly at the Parkroyal Penang and will absolutely continue to do so. In fact, it is once again, our resort of choice come this Thursday! :) (Can't wait).

Apart from the gorgeous grounds and nicely appointed rooms, what really makes the Parkroyal special is the great customer service. On my last trip there with extended family, the PR even recovered a lost ring and had it couriered back to us. Smiles and greetings abound and room service never takes too long. It's also large enough of a resort that you feel there is always something to do.

The one grouse I have - the airport transfer charge is exorbitant at RM185. Francois, if you could perhaps look into this? ;) (Am i the only one who appreciates a lurking hotel manager on TA?! I think it's fantastic! :))

Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi