We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

We are a couple without children in our 50s. Which is a better option a Premium room with sea view in the Holiday Inn or a coastal View room in the Park Royal? We will be holidaying over the xmas period and it will be a special celebration holiday. Any advice would be really helpful......

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

well in my experience..I would suggest you forget both hotels ..my wife and I ..whilst a few years older but young at heart ..would suggest that you cannot go past what the Rainbow Paradise..( which up to Feb 9th was known as the Paradise Sandy Beach) put on for both Christmas and New Years Eve..in fact we arrange our holidays so that we are there at this time ..as we will be again this year ( 2012)...the hotel is not in Batu ferringhi but located round the half way mark between Georgetown and Batu Ferringhi AND you can get a one bedroom suite at the Rainbow for what you will pay for "just "a room at the HI or Parkroyal

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

Thankyou for your suggestion about the Paradise, but reading the mixed reviews it seems a bit hit and miss. The size of the room is not hugely important although obviously we do not want to stay in a match box for 9 nights!. Hope you have a brilliant stay there this year.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

can assure you that there is nothing hit or miss at this hotel...great suites ..modern lcd tvs...great beach ..bus at the front door ....fanatsic staff...wonderful breakfast ( buffet style)...my wife and I would not be staying there year after year if there were problems...and in the past we have stayed at all the hotels in Batu Ferringhi...except the Hard Rock..and have been going to Penang every year for the past 20 years..but each to their own ..but cannot understand why some pay Rm100..Rm200 more per night..for what ...

Hope you enjoy your trip ..we do every year...and do not forget to eat at the Long Beach Hawkers Centre ...Boatman ...Living Room ..and if you still have time Happy Garden

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

Hi - roostown is a big proponent of the Tanjung Bungah area and I would not doubt his suggestion regarding the Paradise.

Just to give you more colour, all the beach hotels are located in the northern part of the island - you would be around 30-50 mins (traffic during rush hour can be horrendous as you only have one road out of Batu Ferringhi) cab ride into Georgetown where the heritage site is located.

You have the night market plus Long Beach stalls and other restaurants in BF but staying in Tanjung Bungah, you will save around 10-15mins each way getting to the sights.

If you dont plan on getting into town everyday, this would not matter but if you do, its something to be considered into the equation.

More food for thought I hope.

5. Re: Park Royal or Holiday Inn for xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:11
Get answers to your questions about Batu Ferringhi