We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
25 posts
146 reviews
Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

I found 2 alternate glow worm cave tours in Waitomo - Footwhistle glow worm tour (by Caveworld) or Spellbound Glowworm and Cave Tour . Just wanted to check on preference based on personal experience or word of mouth.

4 replies to this topic
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
307 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

I haven't done either of them, but I'm an experienced caver and they both sound great based on the reviews, and I think you will have a great experience on either. The first decision for you is to decide how adventurous you want to be - tours vary from the very well paved and easy to the tight and wet eg black water rafting.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
127 reviews
2. Re: Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

I've done Spellbound and would highly recommend them, but the Footwhistle tour sounds great too.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
25 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

Reporting back now. We ended up doing the Spellbound cave tour and it was very nice. Most of the time was spent travelling to the cave but the guide was very informative. There is also a small raft ride inside the main glow worm cave, and photography is allowed.

Singapore
Level Contributor
182 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle

Thank you Yash G for reporting back on your choice of Glow worm caves tour. I had the same dilemma and you just helped me decide on doing the tour with Spellbound. Btw, I was looking up your reviews but did not see any on Spellbound, as you said it was very nice, I will do the same then.

Reply to: Glow worm caves - Spell bound or Footwhistle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted