We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth it?

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Is it worth it?

I love islands. I love the Whitsundays and I definitely love French Polynesia. I know there's nothing to do in Fernando de Noronha and that its a tourist trap whatever.... But is the sheer beauty of it worth the trip there? If so how do I get there from LAX?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Is it worth it?

1. how to get there.

airport code is FEN.

you can only fly there from Recife (REC) or Natal (NAT). Azul flies nonstop from both cities. Gol flies nonstop from Recife only. Azul is partner with United while Gol is with Delta (it means you can probably buy those flights using their respective websites, maybe putting it all in one reservation/tkt).

use the usual travel search engines to figure out how best to fly to one of these cities. REC is larger and should have more choices. for example, American Airlines flies non-stop from Miami to Recife (not sure if daily).

or Copa Airlines flies from LAX to PTY (Panama City) and then from PTY to REC.

in any case, it will be a trek, with at least 2 stops... you just have to see how to minimize total travel time and/or cost. it may end up being LAX-GRU-REC-FEN, even though that is not the shortest route (that probably is LAX-PTY-REC-FEN).

2. besides regular sightseeing, the island is also known for diving (around August) and surfing (December to March).

3. is it worth it? there is a thread about that... and look at my answer (#4) to learn about extra fees to be paid to visit the island:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g616328-i12790-k73…

2. Re: Is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Fernando de Noronha
More Fernando de Noronha Topics