We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do when it rains?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to do when it rains?

I'm visiting Fernando next week and, typically, it's due to rain heavily all day every day whilst I'm there (with sun as soon as I leave...) Can anyone recommend activities for when the weather is like this? Thanks!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there to do when it rains?

i had rain on one day while at FEN too... not much to do at the time...

diving maybe?

going to the Tamar conservation project site?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

however, forecast for rain all day does not materialize every time.... try this local weather web site, it may have more complete info (if you click on the "+" sign for each day, it expands info):

https:/…fernandodenoronha-pe

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is there to do when it rains?

Thank you, hopefully it won't rain all the time in the case! I'll take a look at the links :)

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there to do when it rains?

I was there last week and before going I checked weather forecast and it was the worst. We arrived on Monday afternoon under heavy rain which lasted through the next day close to noon. Then the weather changed and it was beautiful until Friday morning, when it rained again. From what I heard, the weather is unpredictable. As for things to do when it rains, just visit Projeto Tamar. Take a good book to read!

Mentioned in this post
Projeto Tamar
Projeto Tamar
1,298 Reviews
Fernando de Noronha, PE
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is there to do when it rains?

We were there last week too and were relieved to get that bit of sun after so much rain! For anyone else visiting in the rainy season I'd recommend stocking up on films if you have a tablet and wait it out - it's worth it! We did the Ihla Tour in the rain and it was pretty miserable, with a lot of waiting under umbrellas or in gift shops. Saying that, apparently the scuba diving was pretty spectacular so if that's your thing then there are no problems.

5. Re: What is there to do when it rains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Fernando de Noronha
More Fernando de Noronha Topics