We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STT to the Baths

Atmore, Alabama
Level Contributor
868 posts
STT to the Baths
Save

I will be staying in St. Thomas in March and thinking about taking a day trip over to the Baths. I have a few questions.

1) What is your recommendation for getting from Charlotte Amalie to Virgin Gorda?

2) I have a passport, but this would be my first time using it. How much of a hassle is it going through customs and getting on and off the island?

3) What is the approximate cab fare to the Baths?

4) Do cabs and restaurants accept American dollars? If not, is there a convenient place to convert currency?

2 replies to this topic
Florida
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
14 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: STT to the Baths
Save

I'll try to answer your questions:

1) Go by ferry to Virgin Gorda and then take a taxi to/from The Baths. Go here for ferry schedules: http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_stt_vg_speedys.htm Or, google Virgin Island ferry schedules. Or, take one of the organized tours to The Baths if they are operating the days you are on island. Google "Tours from St. Thomas to the Baths" for info.

2) No hassle at all clearing Immigration & Customs - You'll do it when you disembark from the ferry in the BVI's and again when you return to St. Thomas. Simply follow the other passengers. You show the agent your passport and you are on your way.

3) Taxi fares vary depending on number of people in your group. You'll find taxi fares here: http://www.virgingordatours.com/taxis.html

4) Yes, $US are the official currency in the BVI's.

Atmore, Alabama
Level Contributor
868 posts
2. Re: STT to the Baths
Save

Thanks a lot, CaribSurfer.

Reply to: STT to the Baths
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about The Baths