We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Casitas Guestrooms

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Las Casitas Guestrooms

We are staying at Las Casitas in late June and we have booked the Las Casitas guestroom which is basically a hotel-like room with 1 king or 2 double beds. Does anyone know if these rooms have been recently renovated? When I booked the reservation they said they did not know. I also requested a map of where these guestrooms are on the grounds but they did not know that either. Does anyone know where I can get that information? I'd like to know if the guestrooms at Las Casitas are all generally in one place or if they are spread out among the 1 and 2 bedroom casitas. There was an option for a ocean view or a garden view and I requested the ocean view, but there are no pictures of what a guestroom with ocean view looks like on their website.

If anyone has ever stayed in one of these guestrooms with an ocean view I'd love to hear your feedback on the room. My son has allergies so I'm hoping the rooms are recently renovated. For the price we're paying, even for a guestroom, it better be spectacular!

Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$ 113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$ 66.50*
US$ 95.00
El Yunque Rainforest and BioBay...
123 reviews
from US$ 165.00*
Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure...
25 reviews
from US$ 105.00*
Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Casitas Guestrooms

We have stayed in a guest room (as opposed to a 1, 2, or 3BR) for five of the past six years. The sixth year (2010), we didn't go. So you can tell that we like the place. Just returned not even a week ago.

As far as I know, the guest rooms are located among the larger units. There is no separate building or area for the guest rooms. In fact, the Casitas are designed, in part, so that the guest room can be combined with, say, a 1BR to make a 2BR unit.

As far as I know, they are located among the entire property, although we have always had a room in the north end, which is good because it is closer to the resort, ferry, etc. That said, this is also the older part of the development. The rooms that we have seen are not renovated. The decor can be a bit dated. That said, they have always been in good shape (even if some of the bathroom fixtures are older) and very well-cleaned. Staff has always taken care of any problems we've raised. The towels and other linens are good, plush quality--not your Motel 6 variety.

The ocean view is the same you would get with a larger unit, if that helps (I think there are more pictures of the larger units online). Ocean view is, for the most part, unobstructed, although another building might block part of your view. As you note, ocean view is not guaranteed for guest rooms. The other rooms face either the golf course or one of the Casitas courtyards and/or pools. I believe that all guest rooms, whichever view they have, will have a balcony, which in most cases has two sets of french doors that you can open.

In my experience, although the price is certainly 4 or 5 star, the rooms are not. I just want to temper your expectations that the rooms better be "spectacular." We go, and we pay full freight, because we enjoy the experience--the resort facilities, the infinity pool, the beach on Palomino, the view from the balcony, etc. The room is, as I said, very well maintained, but don't expect anything super posh. This isn't the Ritz in New York.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 06:19
Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Casitas Guestrooms

One more thing because you mentioned allergies--we are both mildly allergic to feather pillows, but the staff quickly swapped them out for us at our request. You might want to request this at check-in.

3. Re: Las Casitas Guestrooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 10:57