We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

My family and I are looking to stay at Las Casitas. I understand that El Conquistador is next door and has a water park. However, in the pictures for Las Casitas it also shows a pool with a few water slides. Are those at El Conq. or at Las Casitas? If they are at El Conq. is there a daily surcharge to use the water slides and how far walking distance are they from Las Casitas? I am trying to get a handle on all the extra charges for this resort. My sons love water slides and I know that they will want to use them. I was hoping Las Casitas had a few on site and that we wouldn't have to walk over to El Conq.

Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$ 113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$ 66.50*
US$ 95.00
El Yunque Rainforest and BioBay...
123 reviews
from US$ 165.00*
Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure...
25 reviews
from US$ 105.00*
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Same property. You have full access to the El Con. They are next to each other. The Casitas pool is pretty quiet, while the El Con has a couple and tend to be lively. There is a full blown water park at the resort that you may be seeing in the pics. There is an extra charge for it. They should have a package that includes access to the water park.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

If not included in a package

from the El Con Website - Water Park Costs

FULL DAY

* (Hours of Operation: 9:30am to 6:00pm) Tickets: $19.95* adults, $14.95* kids (ages 3-12)

HALF DAY

* (Hours of Operation 1:30-4:40pm) Tickets: $12.95* adults, $8.95* kids (ages 3-12)

For tickets or more information please contact the Coqui Water Park Concierge Desk in La Marina Village at ext. 7728.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

It appears to be included. Waldorf Astoria owns both properties and if you look on the website for Las Casitas, you will see the Coqui water park is included under "activities".

…hilton.com/en/…activities-family.html

Edited: 12 March 2014, 19:39
Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

No, it is not included in your basic nightly rate, despite what the website may seem to suggest. There is a separate daily fee (as noted above), although you can book special rates that include water park access.

There are no slides at any of the El Con or Casitas pools. As Bob notes, the water park is on the property, located at the base of the cliff on the same level as the marina. It is a bit of a hike from Las Casitas, especially if you are in the southernmost section.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 21:24
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Great, thanks everyone.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Is the infinity pool part of the water park too? So that means if we want to use the infinity pool (and not the water slides) we need to pay the surcharge? I was under the impression that the infinity pool was for las casitas guests and included, but in looking at the resort map it looks like it's down by the marina with the water park.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Las Casitas has its own infinity pool between the north and south developments; it's behind the "Manor House" where you check in, check out, etc.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Thank you, is that the round one that appears in most of the pictures on their website?

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

Yes, it is a semi-circle.

10. Re: Las Casitas - Extra Charge for Water Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 10:57