We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

I have been reading the reviews of Las Casitas where I have booked a 4-night stay in less than two weeks. I was under the impression that the butler service for the Casitas would arrange for golf cart transportation down to the marina, but I review I just saw stated that you have to get to the main hotel first, go down a few floors, follow the signs for the funicular, then take that down to the marina. Then you get on the ferry to the boat.

Are their golf cart/walking paths from the Casitas to the marina, or is the above described means of getting to the ferry the only way to get there? Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Liz

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

What you described above is accurate. There are no golf carts that can take you to the marina. The complex sits atop a cliff overlooking the ocean and you have to take the funicular at the hotel down to the bottom to get to the marina and then ferry over to the private island.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
470 posts
1 review
2. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

You can arrange for a golf cart to get to the main hotel, but then you have to walk to the funicular, and then walk from the bottom of the funicular to the ferry. It is barrier free (there are steps at the bottom, but also an elevator if you exit the hotel side at the bottom) but a lot of walking.

On occasions when the funicular is closed (never happened when I've been there, but I've read about it), they will do a shuttle service directly to the ferry. Not sure how long that takes.

Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

Okay, thank you both! Very helpful.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
974 posts
4. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

You can drive to Las Croabas and get dropped off or park free, then walk to the ferry launch. There is also an employee parking lot at the ferry area for El Con, but you may need a special pass for disability. Ask the conscierge?

Out

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

I live right near the Conquistador and am very familiar with the set up. You can walk from the Casitas or take a Golf Cart but you must go through the hotel to the funicular its the only way. If you have a car I'd reccomend your trying Seven Seas Beach you'll get there a lot faster. During the week there are not many people there. Don't go on weekends its too crowded.

EllisPR

Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

Thank you both. I will have a car, so it sounds like Seven Seas beach is a better/faster option. We'll probably do both! Thanks again.

Liz

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
974 posts
7. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

I like Seven Seas beach, but would not miss Palamino. The funicular is generally slow, with crowding/breakdowns/servicing adding to the hassle, especially on weekends. Some of our wedding guests were able to quickly go around thru Croabas, if someone dropped them off at the Conquistador gate. You will need hotel ID to board the FAST 10 minute ride to Palamino.

Out

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

It all sounds like so much work but we didn't think it was bad at all. We were staying in Las Casitas North so we were very close to the main hotel....walk past all the pools and take an elevator down one floor. W never had a problem getting on the funicular within 1-2 minutes and the ferry is right there. One of the funiculars is an express to the marina and the other is the "local" which stops for the hotel half way down. Sometimes we would get off at the hotel and take the stairs the rest of the way. The first day it seems far, the 3rd day you aren't even thinking twice about it.

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

That works too,

Ellis Puerto Rico

10. Re: Las Casitas - How do you get to the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Fajardo