We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

My husband and I have booked a full day of fishing from Fajardo. We are staying in Isla Verde. We also want to take in Laguna Grande, but don't want to do the kayak excursion exhausted from reelin' 'em in.

What is the REAL drive time between Isla Verde and Fajardo?

I've read reviews in which people say it's two hours each direction, and I'm concerned about spending our entire [short] trip driving back and forth between the two places.

Thanks in advance!

1. Re: San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 16:28
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

It use to be one hour. Now with the extension of the Route 66 Express Way it's about 45 minutes each way. A Taxi is $ 85 each way.

After a full day of fishing, I seriously doubt that you feel like going on another 2 hour trip in the evening. Going fishing for 8 hours is tiring especially when you're not use to and also being out in the sun.( even if there is cover) You probably also get a muscle ache because of the constant moving on the boat .

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

The driving times above are about right to the center of Fajardo. I am puzzled about how you plan to take in Laguna Grande without the Kayaks or perhaps the electric boat options.

- First, from the center of Fajardo, I would add another 15 to 20 minutes to navigate on the winding road leading back to the bay.

- Second, there is only one, not particularly well marked foot path with access to the bay. It is a about 1/4 mile walk each way.

- Finally, I assume you plan to go in the dark. Otherwise the trip will be unremarkable. It will be hard to find and navigate the trail. You should allow extra time for that, have good flashlights and GPS's you can carry with you programed with map coordinates from Google maps etc.

While Fajardo and the area is generally pretty safe, I would consider the normal risks of walking through a mangrove forest on a dark night in a very isolated area.

4. Re: San Juan to Fajardo - REAL Drive Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 12:47