We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Vieques

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
4 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Vieques

I know it can be difficult to get a ferry ticket to Culebra but is there a separate ferry that goes to Vieques or is it the same boat with two drop offs? I thought my chances of getting a ticket would be better if I planned a trip to Vieques instead but may be wrong on that. I want to stay 2-3 nights but I am afraid to book a hotel on the island so I do not loose my deposit in case I can't get over there. Are there any tour operators in Fajardo that will do a snorkel or bio tour to the island with a drop off in Vieques?

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Vieques

The ferries are separate.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
4 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Vieques

Thank you. Maybe I will have better luck getting a ticket to Vieques then since it seems less people go there.

Mentioned in this post
Isla de Vieques
Isla de Vieques
Puerto Rico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Vieques

Yeap, you will get a better chance taking Vieques ferry,but also depends on what month or if during weekdays. Everybody wants to enjoy Flamenco beach during vacations and youngsters are very motivated to make Culebra first choice. The first trip out of Culebra is the hardest one, then the 11 am Ferry, after that for what I saw is more doable. Won't go wrong going to Vieques, it has beautifull beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,276 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
4. Re: Getting to Vieques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 01:15