We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

Connecticut
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

Coming back to Ceibe from Vieques next Friday at noon which appears to be lunch time when car rental companies are closed. Ultimately returning car to SJU following day. Should I wait at RVR for Avis to open and transport us or catch a taxi to Puerto del Rey Marina for Thrifty? Wondering if the Marina is open to public walking thru and if there is a good place for lunch there while we wait. Alternatively is there anything near Enterprise worth doing?

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

avis is not At the airport, unless something has changed in the last few weeks. avis will pick you up and take you to their office. same with enterprise.

are you sure the rental office is closed for lunch? did you call them and speak to someone?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

Marina Puerto del Rey is open to walk ins. Just say you are going to the restaurant. The restaurant (as of last year) was pretty good on hamburgers & fries and other light meals.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

You were right, Avis is not actually at the airport. About 5 minutes by car. Couldn't get thru via phone to their office, but was notified by a taxi that they have an agreement with Avis for pick up and drop off at the office with no charge to customer as long as Avis wasn't already coming. I was originally skeptical, but it worked and was a nice transition to the rental office. They were indeed open during lunch and the service rep was extremely efficient. Overall good experience and hassle-free which was worth the higher price.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

thanks for the follow up.

how did it work with the taxi? did you just walk up to any taxi ans ask them?

i never knew that.

i wonder if that wprks from the ferry

how was your Vieques experience?

why not write a trip report and post it to the vieques board.

i know people would love to read it

5. Re: Waiting for Car rental in Ceibe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:52