We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
39 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

Hi

I'm trying to reserve a cabin at LCBB. The only way to pay for the reservation is giving them all my credit card information (number, expiration day, etc) and not though a secure SSL (Secured Socket Layer) page.

So, I'm looking for people who stayed already there to tell me their experiences about it.

Thanks in advance

South Haven...
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

Hello :)

We have stayed at LCBB and reserved with a deposit sent via check through the mail. But that option is only available for US and Canadian residents. I will tell you the couple that owns, runs, and lives on site is a WONDERFUL American couple. You couldn't ask for a better run establishment. I think you will be just fine reserving with a credit card with them. If you are not certain about doing it through email, give them a call. They are terrific and you will have a FABULOUS time there!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
248 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

You won't regret staying there. One of the best run places I have ever visited.

Saint James...
Level Contributor
33 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

I was able to send a check to a US address for the down payment on LCBB.

Sudbury...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

On their website it mentions that you should buy trip insurance. Is it usually a problem to get there?

Any recommendations on how to get this type of limited insurance?

Thanks

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

The weather can be a worry, the only way to get from Big Corn to Little Corn is by boat, there are three two are panga which twice a day, I am told with the flights so if you flight is late, the panga will wait. The third option is the slow boat long about 12-ish.

I was there in Feb of this year, the weather was shifting, the locals were hauling their boats out of the water. The panga guys were worried they would not be able to run and were suggesting to everyone with a flight out over the next three days take a panga the next morning 6am.

So, if you book the room on Little Corn and can not get there or you have to leave early..trip insurance is a good idea. In such places there are also people buying medical insurance, or air evacuation. It all depends on what you seek in insurance.

As to where one finds insurance. have a look at this....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=Travel+Insurance&pid=34633&s=D

one added note, some credits cards offer some version of trip insurance.

6. Re: Question about reservation at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2016, 11:45