We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue/Hall

Rancho Cucamonga...
10 posts
Venue/Hall

Good afternoon

I would like to know if anyone has rented a venue or Hall in Guatemala City? Where and how was the experience? I like to celebrate my husbands birthday next year over there preferably in the City the majority of the family live in the city.

6 replies to this topic
Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
247 reviews
1. Re: Venue/Hall

Any major hotel will have banquet rooms. I stay at the Hotel Barcelo and know they have them in many different sizes. All can provide catering. Personally, I like a restaurant setting and can recommend L'Osteria & Hacienda Real. Just out of the city but still close by is the Cabana Suize.

Rancho Cucamonga...
10 posts
2. Re: Venue/Hall

Thank you very much! I will definitely look into these places. It’s difficult planning from far and not able to see the places. I truly appreciate your info. Have a blessed day.

Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
3. Re: Venue/Hall

I can't speak for Guatemala City, but nearby Antigua definitely has some spectacular places/facilities for a large birthday celebration. Are you open to having the celebration in Antigua?

Rancho Cucamonga...
10 posts
4. Re: Venue/Hall

I believe Antigua is about 1 hr from the city correct? I think I can consider Antigua. What places do you recommend?

Thank you for any recommendations much appreciated

Level Contributor
290 posts
1 review
5. Re: Venue/Hall

I would begin the investigation at the Casa Santo Domingo Hotel. Converted from a 300 year old convent, it is pretty much the grand hotel of Antigua with a load of ambiance, ruins, colonial architecture, and history. They even have a giant ceiba tree in one of the courtyards. Their main location is right in town so it is very convenient.

Seems like every time I am there, there is a big wedding in the Hotel's chapel ruins (they have it covered for sun and rain). The place is expensive by Antigua standards but I suspect your husband and the relatives will be very impressed.

http://www.casasantodomingo.com.gt

If Santo Domingo is too expensive, you may want to try someplace like Hotel de Soleil. It is quite popular with people from Guatemala City celebrating events in Antigua. While not even close to the ambiance of Santo Domingo, and not as centrally located, it is still a good option and the hotel rooms will be much more affordable.

…hotelessoleilguatemala.com/default-en.html

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
457 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Venue/Hall

Mrs Sanchez, have you talked with your husband's family to get their ideas? They are going to be your best agents on the ground. They will know what places will work for them, tour places, send you pictures on WhatsApp or Facebook messenger, and get the best prices. They will probably enjoy being a part of the planning process.

Reply to: Venue/Hall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Coban
Recent Conversations