We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladies tailors in khao lak

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ladies tailors in khao lak

Going to Khao Lak in October '13. Can anyone recommend a good tailor from their experience.

9 replies to this topic
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

You would stand a better chance of more answers if you post your question on the Khao Lak Forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K… . Takua Pa is the district town about 25km north of Khao Lak.:-)

However, all tailors in Khao Lak make ladies and gents clothes. My wife and my personal recommendation, as he is Khao Lak's longest established and the only one we have used is Monty the Tailor. He has two shops in Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak, the main one being on your left as you leave Bang La On heading back towards Phuket in the big yellow Khao Lak Grand Plaza building just before the end of the dual carriageway. Take any designs you are thinking of with you although he does have fashion books to browse. His website is http://www.montythetailor.com/

Weymouth Dorset
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

Hi we have just got back from Khao Lak, we stayed at La Flora and used Milano Fashion. The tailors are one of three within a 100 yards of the resort. From day one every tailors you pass will say they are the best and they will give you a good deal. We chose Milano because the two young gentlemen outside always had a smile were always willing to chat and even invited us to join them whilst they were eating their meal. I had three fittings on my suit and the finished item was excellent. My wife also had a pair of trousers made from a picture she took from a UK magazine, she loved the finished item. My trousers were made by one tailor who only does trousers whilst my jacket and waistcoat by another. I would use Milano again no problems. Have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I will certainly visit the shop - all the info I can get is very much appreciated

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

Many thanks for your reply. I appreciate all the help/info I can get

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

DO NOT use MILANO TAILORS. The gents gear was just ok however the Ladies fashion is a JOKE!! We were promised finished items from pictures and they were NOT delivered. We should have wised up when another couple were arguing with the management about their items on our first visit. The staff were rude and laughed in my husband's face when he questioned the pricing when 6 items of clothing were not completed. All in all a very disappointing, frustrating and time wasting experience!! My recommendation is to give this place a very WIDE BERTH!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

Where are these tailors located?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

Near the Ramada Resort in Khao Lak

Vienna, Austria
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

I can only aggree with Margie020. I got 2 dresses at Milano Fashion, one of which I can only wear in the dark because they used a green pen to mark where they had to sew. They said it would wash out but it doesn't! Also they cut one of the dresses, they way I wanted the other dress, forgot or simply ignored my wishes and at the end told me that next time I should give them more time. My first question when I entered the shop however was, if there was enough time to get everything done before I leave.

The dresses look nice and the quality is good, but it was such stress because I needed to try each of them 4 times and I'm very disappointed about the green marks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ladies tailors in khao lak

The reputable tailors do not ask for a deposit and if you are not 100% satisfied with the finished article you should not take and not pay!

Reply to: ladies tailors in khao lak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Takua Pa