We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

***** Welcome Back to the Khao Lak Forum!!! *****

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
***** Welcome Back to the Khao Lak Forum!!! *****

**** LATEST POSITION STATEMENT ****

Message just received from TA_Mike

"Hi all,

Thank you for continuing to post your feedback in this topic. I have some updates for you.

First, let me assure you that the decision makers in this matter have read and taken into consideration every single post in this topic. They have asked me to let you know that they have decided to reinstate the affected destinations that have caused you concern. This includes reinstating Patong under that spelling, reinstating Khao Lak as a full destination (NOT MERELY A FORUM - my emphasis, Alan), and many other destinations as well.

For technical reasons, this cannot happen immediately, but it will happen gradually as our engineers work to overcome several technical obstacles in restoring these destinations. Some already have been reinstated, such as Koh Phangan, while others will take longer to reappear correctly. I do not have an estimate of a completion date at this point, but I can assure you that it is a top priority matter and it will be worked on daily until completion.

I know that this has already been a long process, but we'll need to ask you to bear with us a bit longer on this final stretch. Again, the decision has been made to restore the affected destinations mentioned in this topic, so there's no need to continue to raise your concerns about them having gone missing. However, if there are other destinations you are concerned about that have not been mentioned yet, please feel free to post your feedback about them -- the staff in charge of these matters will continue to read all feedback posted here.

Thanks again for your patience and input. The Thailand forums should be back to normal soon.

TA_MikeW"

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
1. Re: ***** Welcome Back to the Khao Lak Forum!!! *****

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Takua Pa