We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changwon to Wolchulsan

Meudon-la-Foret...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Changwon to Wolchulsan

I'm heading on a short trip to South Korea soon. I will be based in Changwon. I wanted to know how feasible it would be to do a short trip to Wolchulsan National Park. Geographically it's not that far. Is there a direct bus between the two places? Would it be possible to do it in a daytrip? Am I instead better off looking at national parks closer to Changwon, perhaps Gayasan or Jirisan? I would be relying on public transport. Not on a strict budget so short distance taxis aren't too much of an issue if necessary.

Any info is much appreciated,

Thanks,

2 replies to this topic
Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
24 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changwon to Wolchulsan

Hello - There probably won't be a direct bus, you'll likely need to transfer somewhere. For Wolchulsan National Park you want to take a bus to Yeongam. At Yeongam bus terminal there is a free bus to take you to the park entrance. If not, there are taxis there you could hire. The bus ride from Changwon will likely be approximately 3 hours since these aren't major cities and the buses will stop at little towns along the way. It is however possible to do this trip in one day if you start early. Wolhulsan itself is a small park and the trail going up is quite steep and difficult, but it's fun. Highlights include the bridge, the 809m summit, the ridge towards Dogapsa Temple, and the temple itself. Gayasan is also pretty neat, Haeinsa Temple is there. And Jirisan is the largest park and my favorite to visit.

Meudon-la-Foret...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changwon to Wolchulsan

thank you very much for your help.

Reply to: Changwon to Wolchulsan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Changwon