We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

london
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Hi All,

We are thinking about booking this hotel for our Honeymoon in October this year - we will be going All Inclusive.

What is the weather like in October in Mauritious?

Is the hotel far from shops and night markets?

What is the food like?

For those who have been would you recommend?

Also what kind of price should i be paying - i have been quoted in the region of 5K for 2 people AI for 14 nights - is this reasonable?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
44,370 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Poppy 2K has kindly volunteered to supply any info on this hotel to people...shes about a few threads down on Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort. Thread is by Londonsunseeker. Poppy has stayed at both Heritage Hotels.

I would post the link but am useless at it, sorry.

Weather October is good, not yet too hot and humid, lowest rainfall, almost perfect.

We were in the west in October and has a day of rain though, so you never can predict the weather.

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

The hotel is rather isolated on the south coast at Bel Ombre with no real shopping area close by unless you get a cab westwards towards La Gaulette which has a supermarket and some restaurants.

Price sounds reasonable if it includes their AI package as its supposedly very good but ask other operators too and see if you can bargain!

Great hotel for a honeymoon!

Good luck,

Bronia :-)

Edited: 26 January 2010, 05:59
Mentioned in this post
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Heritage Awali Golf...
4,160 Reviews
Mauritius
Bel Ombre
Bel Ombre
Mauritius
2. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 20:05
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,905 posts
2,262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

This is the link Bronia mentioned.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g612353-i10934-k…

4. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 18:35
5. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 17:36
Durham
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

We are currently at the hotel and I write using the wifi at the bar. This is an excellent hotel and the staff are first class. We have had no complaint with any of the service or indeed the food and drink!. We are on the deluxe package - and unless you are a keen golfer or real wine connesiour there is no need to go for the premium package. The hotel is isolated with the Le Telfair on one side and the Movenpick on the other. However taxis are available and good value - hired one for 2000 Rupees and had the taxi for most of the day and toured the west coast. I have stayed in many top hotels in the carribean and mexico and this is up there with them!

Perhaps more activities could be arranged and the entertainment on a night is low key - but good! If anyone has any questions send me a message.

7. Re: Heritage Golf & Spa Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 09:45