We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

United States
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

Opinions? Majestic Lodge appears to be further away from the rest (and they only had the Annex).

Are the views/property/location better at one vs the other? Looking for early May. Reservations are available but need to book today or tomorrow.

7 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,772 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

Best views are from Majestic View - hence the name. The Annex is across the street from the lodge with views of the river. Yes it is further from the park entrance than the others. The first shuttle stop there for the Springdale town shuttle that connects to the mandatory Zion shuttle at the Visitor Center . While you will have to ride the shuttle all the way through Springdale (not a huge deal IMO), since it's the first stop on the run, you won't be waiting in line to get on the bus. It's one of the better properties in town.

Pioneer Lodge is right in the middle of Springdale and is more of a budge property. You could experience wait times to get on the shuttle to the park unless you decide to walk it. HIE is between Pioneer Lodge and Majestic View. Not real familiar with it. But it should be up to HIE standards. Views from either of properties are OK.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
7,020 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

Majestic Lodge out of the three in your list would be the place I (and some others) would choose. Yes the views are better from the main building. But the property in whole is set up higher above the river, and the views down the Parunweap canyon are just amazing. The onsite restaurant, Arkansas Als, is very good IMO. As you have already guessed, the location isn't the greatest. You would need the town shuttle to get around to everywhere as there is next to nothing within an easy walking distance.

Holiday Inn(the Best Western)is located mid town. It is your basic hotel, but it isn't very old yet. Several places are within easy walking distance. Switchback steakhouse and Jacks Sports Grill is on property.

Pioneer Lodge is one of the oldest accommodations in town. It is a basic motel, but it is nicely up to date and modernized. Biggest drawback is that the parking area is very small. But you are within walking distance of everything original to the town. The onsite restaurant is not good(cafe like), but many other restaurant options are nearby within walking distance. The only reason we stayed at Pioneer Lodge years ago is because they have a couple of full kitchen suites.

As listed above, is the order in which I would choose them.

Have you looked at availability at Cable Mountain and Driftwood Lodge?

Hampton and Springwood Suites are the newest properties in town.

Desert Pearl is the highest rated.

Flanigans and La Quinta are other options.

Do not use third party booking sites to gauge availability for places in Springdale. Several accommodations do not use third party sites.

Links to most properties can be found under the lodging tab on www.zionpark.com

United States
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

Thanks so much for all the info! I will definitely be finalizing my decision soon.

United States
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

We were deciding on The Majestic Lodge but just saw another posting regarding the shuttle being closed due to construction on Rt 9? I'm wondering if this will be an issue and if we should decide to pick a property within walking distance to the visitors center?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,772 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

The shuttle situation is certainly something to consider. Proposed completion date is mid April. Hopefully, the work will be done by then. If you're concerned, then get a hotel within walking distance before the rest of the travelers have the same idea and snatched up all the rooms with in walking distance of the park.

Edited: 31 January 2018, 06:16
United States
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully all the construction will be in it's final stages or actually complete by early May.

United States
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?

Thank you both for your information! I haven't had issues booking rooms and appreciate your response. : )

Reply to: Majestic Lodge, Holiday Inn Exp or Pioneer Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted