We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HIking the Narrows in late September.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
HIking the Narrows in late September.

We plan on hiking the Narrows in late September. Would we need to rent the warm water package or cold water dry pant package from Zion Adventure?

Thanks!

utah
Level Contributor
3,203 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

What does Zion Adventures recommend? How far are you planning to go into the Narrows? I'd guess you would want the dry pant package.

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

Have you talked to Zion Adventure? I had questions about what we should rent when we went last November and they were really helpful on the phone.

Edited: 16 June 2017, 19:02
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

The first time I did the Narrows was late September. It was perfect! Low water, warm water! A good idea to check but that was my experience. Definitely rent the shoe/staff package, it will make it much more pleasant.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

How far do you plan on hiking? While the rental shoes are probably the best way to hike in the Narrows, they are not mandatory. I hike the Narrows in Keens and do fine. If you think you will only go in for a mile or so and then turn around, which is what most people end up doing, you would be fine in a light hiker or something that has a sturdy sole and toe coverage - that you don't mind getting wet.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

I've been wondering the same thing for my upcoming trip that time of year...my question is, do we need to be reserving that now or is that something we can rent once we're there? I suppose my plan was to show up and ask them based on the weather of the day, but maybe that's naive to think it would all be available same-day. I'd love to hear from others who have gone before regarding the importance of early booking for narrows gear, especially as it relates to the warm water vs. dry water package.

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

When we went in November I called to ask about what to rent and if we needed to reserve it. They recommended what to wear and that we should make a reservation (we were also there Thanksgiving week, so it might have been busier). We did reserve gear and had to move our reservation due to rain and they were very accommodating.

7. Re: HIking the Narrows in late September.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2018, 09:46