We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick question about Half Dome permit application

Williamston...
Level Contributor
949 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Quick question about Half Dome permit application

Just want to verify something before I apply. I'm looking at the rec.gov site and it looks like I have to enter the lottery seperately for each day that I want try for. Is that right? The only reason I was a little concerned was because there was one line in the rules that reads "People applying multiple times as a trip leader will have all their lottery applications canceled." I'm thinking that what they mean is that you can't do multiple entries for a particular date but that it's okay to enter for multiple dates as long as you only enter once for each date. Also, since I'm going with my wife, is it okay for her to put in an entry as the trip leader to give us 2 chances for each day? Thanks.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,960 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick question about Half Dome permit application

You have options to enter your 1st to ? 4th choice of dates on your single application. And yes your wife can enter separately. Hurry... it's the last few days to get it in. Good luck.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
949 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick question about Half Dome permit application

Thanks. It all became clear after I opened up the application.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,140 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick question about Half Dome permit application

Good luck in the lottery!

Here is an article about Half Dome tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-d139183

And here is MrHalfDome's website: http://hikehalfdome.com/

4. Re: Quick question about Half Dome permit application

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 09:47