We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite on April 7th evening and 8th whole day

Secaucus, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Yosemite on April 7th evening and 8th whole day

My wife and I are planning to visit Yosemite with my parents and our 2 1/2 year old son. We will be reaching Yosemite in the evening on 7th April and planning to stay in Yosemite on 8th. We initially planned Glacier point for sunset on 7th but just realized that it will be closed in April. Can you suggest a good sunset point for 7th and also suggest us best options for 1 day (8th) trip

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,981 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite on April 7th evening and 8th whole day

Hi

Yes, the road to Glacier Point will still be closed. You can enjoy the sunset light on Half Dome from Tunnel View.

There are some ideas for visitors collected in the Top Questions and Trip Ideas on the right. In particular, I think you'd be interested in the spring Trip Reports, the Visiting in Spring article in the "what is the best month" question, Activities for families with children, and the One Day Itineraries (in the Trip Ideas.)

Maybe you'll walk to Bridalveil Fall and/or Lower Yosemite Fall. Maybe you'll attend a ranger program. Maybe you'll ride the shuttle around and stop at Happy Isles or at the Mirror Lake stop (it's a flat walk out to Mirror "Lake" from the shuttle stop.)

Here is the current Yosemite Guide newspaper (good thru April 8!) nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upload/yg14-2.pdf

Read through some of the suggestions & ideas, and then let us know what interests you.

2. Re: Yosemite on April 7th evening and 8th whole day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 10:46