We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge at the falls family rooms

Peak District...
Level Contributor
132 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge at the falls family rooms

Hi

I booked a family room at the lodge at the falls last year to stay next month for 3 nights. I keep seeing on here about the new family bunk rooms. Does this mean mine will automatically be one of these? Or should I contact them and ask if there is any chance we can be allocated one of these? We are a family of 5 if that makes any difference.

Many thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

There are Family rooms and their are Family Bunk rooms. They are different. Bunk room has 1 queen bed and a bunk with full on bottom twin on top. Family room if I remember has 3 separate beds. I think king, 2 twins and a sofa sleeper. Family Room is larger than the Bunk room.

There are reviews of each here on TA

Here is the parks link

yosemitepark.com/yosemite-lodge-rooms.aspx

Edited: 12 July 2013, 19:13
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
165 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

There are only a handful of family rooms, oversized rooms, and I believe they are all on the second floor of the Cedar building. There are 24 Family bunk rooms in the Hemlock building, which are of normal size. When you booked your room, the booking will come with a description of the number and size of beds.

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
165 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

The Family bunk rooms are referred to as badger bunk rooms.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
132 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

I booked a family room about 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info, I've looked at the review I just wasn't sure if all the family rooms are now bunk rooms are you have to book those specifically and there are still family rooms. I may email them and ask if a change is possible as these weren't available when I booked.

Thanks for helping clarify this

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

Robert C , when I was at the Lodge in June I asked the front desk people, including a manager, and they had no idea what a badge bunk room was and told me this room is not called a badger bunk. I am not sure where this came from.

natbag, if you have a family room, I might keep that. It will be larger than the bunk room.

Edited: 14 July 2013, 05:28
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

I will be staying in a "Lodge Family Bunk Room" at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls late July and can let you all know what it is like.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

We stayed in a Family Bunk Room this past May. I have a review dated June 5, 2013 titled "Family Bunk Room....Loved It!" under the Lodge with pictures if you are interested....

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g61000-d1195…

8. Re: Lodge at the falls family rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 09:47