We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite High Sierra Camps Questions

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Yosemite High Sierra Camps Questions

Hi,

I have a chance to be at the High Sierra this summer. Just a few questions to those who many have already experienced this:

1. Do the camps carry drinking water to refill for next day's hike?

2. Any provision at the camps to charge camera? Or should the camera be sparingly used?

3. The HSC asks hikers to bring sleeping sacks. Are blankets provided?

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
483 Reviews
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite High Sierra Camps Questions

Yes, they do have drinking water---each camp has a spigot where you can fill your water bottles.

The tent cabin beds have blankets and pillows. We bring our regular sleeping bags, not just a sleep sack. It gets quite cold at night, especially at Vogelsang and May Lake which are up high.

I am afraid I do not know the answer the the battery charger question. Certainly there is no electricity in the sleeping tents. I do not recall seeing any outlets in the dining tent, but they may exist. Best to be safe and start with a fully charged battery, and use it wisely until you find out if there is a chance to re-charge.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 19:43
2. Re: Yosemite High Sierra Camps Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 11:48