We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Yosemite????

maryland
Level Contributor
384 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Yosemite????

Hi,

I will be arriving in San Francisco on September 1st. On September 5th we plan to go to Yosemite and stay at the Awahnee. We checkout on the 7th. However, i Was thinking of checking out on the 6th so that we can go to Monterey.

My question is should I stay for two days in Yosemite or can I see everything in one day. We will have the 5th and then on the 6th we can leave around noon.

Thanks

Shazia

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Yosemite????

Spend as long as possible in Yosemite, it takes a lifetime to really see it. While Monterey is very pleasant, it doesn't have Sequoia Trees...or waterfalls...

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Yosemite????

definitely more time in yosemite.

maryland
Level Contributor
384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Yosemite????

Thanks for your opinions. I will keep the two days in Yosemite.

Have a great day!za

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Yosemite????

You won't regret it! Especially at the Ahwahnee.

Detroit
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days in Yosemite????

I will put in my 'two cents' worth. I visited Yosemite for the first time the week of July 4th 2005 and agree that two days is appropriate. My boyfriend had his cast off from a broken foot for only three weeks when we visited so backpacking was not really in the picture and we drove most of the time. We did walk to the giant trees, one mile downhill on the way there, one mile uphill on the way back. That pretty much took a toll on his foot so we drove most of the time (both in our early 40's and in good shape, normally we would have done a lot more backpacking).

If you are going to do more driving than hiking, two days is plenty. Yosemite is not as large as some of the other National Parks (Yellowstone/Grand Teton, Grand Canyon) and you will cover most of it. You will definately need two full days (at least 8 hours each) if you want to due some hiking/backpacking to the really cool spots.