We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring trip to Yosemite

Hermantown...
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Spring trip to Yosemite

We are thinking about going to Yosemite next spring, but are concerned about the fire damage from this summer. Is it better to wait and visit Yosemite another year. Just wondering how much was burned, etc?

3 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,962 posts
132 reviews
1. Re: Spring trip to Yosemite

The recent fire was mostly outside of the National Park. Routes to Yosemite Valley were closed, but Yosemite Valley itself was untouched.

Go!

There are tips in the Top Questions on the right side of this page. Read about Planning a Spring Visit. Look at the maps. Read about Yosemite Valley. Definitely work hard to find appropriate lodging (some spring visitors booked their lodging last spring ... one year in advance.)

Hermantown...
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Spring trip to Yosemite

Oh good! I wasn’t sure which areas had been affected. Yes, we are planning to camp there so I’m planning to be up early the day the reservations are open, which I believe is 6 months in advance. Thanks for your help!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,962 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Spring trip to Yosemite

It's not exactly 6 months in advance.

www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

Arrival Date ==> Reservation day at 7 am Pacific Time

March 15 through April 14 ==> November 15

April 15 through May 14 ==> December 15

May 15 through June 14 ==> January 15

Having a few folks ready to make reservations (logged in, absolutely ready to go!) will help your chance of getting a reservation. More tips in the Top Questions.

Reply to: Spring trip to Yosemite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park