We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite traffic

Pdx
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Yosemite traffic

Planning to be in Yosemite 10/17-21. What can I anticipate relative to auto traffic/congestion in the Park?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
7,088 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Yosemite traffic

Light. I was in Yosemite Valley yesterday (first time in 17 years) and had no problem finding parking at Half Dome Village, Tunnel View, or Bridalveil Fall.

Autumn is less busy because children are generally in school and most waterfalls have stopped or slowed to a trickle.

Edited: 09 October 2018, 03:38
Pdx
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Yosemite traffic

Thank you! I was hoping that would be the case.

Looking forward to my first trip.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,936 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Yosemite traffic

Hi

marmot (in the Valley often) has reported that the Valley parking lots are filling up on weekends. As always, I recommend getting to your chosen destination early so you can enjoy the day!

Seasonal waterfalls are done for the season. Year-round waterfalls fed by rivers have low flow. Trees are changing color, animals are active, the sky is autumn blue, and it's lovely.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Yosemite traffic

Sat is likely gonna be your busiest challenge. But the good news is though parking has been filling on weekends it's taking longer to fill as compared to the summer. So like noon instead of mid morning?

Friday I drove by a bus heading to the visitor center from the lodge and it was sardine packed.

Weekdays are good but people are still surprised at how many people are around.

It's pretty gorgeous out. The sugar maple by the chapel is just starting to change colors.

Pdx
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Yosemite traffic

Thank you!

Reply to: Yosemite traffic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park