We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Wilf lodge

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
White Wilf lodge

All, I’m from The Netherlands and I’m staying in the White Wolf lodge (tent) from Aug 13-Aug 15. Of course nobody can predict next week’s situation but with all the bad smoke reports, why is White Wolf still open? Directly after it all is closed? I’m a bit worried to be honest.

5 replies to this topic
LA
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
1 review
1. Re: White Wilf lodge

Your question is very interesting

I see that White Wolf is, indeed, acting as if it is still open and seems to have accommodations available right now and in the upcoming weeks.

From where White Wolf is, I would have to thnk it is very very smoky.

If I were you, I would ask Aramark for the direct phone # for White Wolf & talk to them directly.

Another option would be to ask Aramark to switch your reservations to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. I'd rather be there than White Wolf if the Yosemite Valley is closed

Edited: 07 August 2018, 07:39
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
14,425 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: White Wilf lodge

Well, as far as I know, White Wolf is still accessible. They have not closed the Tioga Road, which is how you get there. There are plenty of hikers and others coming in from the Eastern Side, finding their campsites at the remaining campgrounds - and staying at White Wolf.

You just can't go from White Wolf to the Valley by road.

We much prefer White Wolf to Tuolumne anything, so I guess it's different strokes. Lots of backpackers at White Wolf, climbers, people heading toward various back country destinations. Quiet. High altitude. Bears.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 08:27
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: White Wilf lodge

It seems from other hiking reports that also the smoke conditions are improving. I did contact Aramark - still waiting for a reply - but I have hope that conditions should be no longer disastrous next week. Hope every day brings a small improvement - that should be enough and/or sufficient.

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: White Wilf lodge

Well, in line with what was suggested I just received a cancellarion email from Yosemite for the White Wolf lodge, and a new reservation for the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge for the same dates...

Not sure whether this had to with my initial email, or that this was done for everybody in WW. For me this looks like a good solution.

LA
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
1 review
5. Re: White Wilf lodge

As Yosemite Valley isn't open, you win by getting a Tuolumne Meadows Lodge reservation!

You'll find it's a far nicer setting than White Wolf.

Congratulations!

Reply to: White Wilf lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted