We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jenny Lake cruise

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jenny Lake cruise

Do I need reservations for this, or can we just show up. Would like to stop for scenic boat ride on the way from Yellowstone to Jackson, and have no idea of time. Thanks

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

When I googled Jenny Lake cruise this is the website I came up with. There isn't specific leaving times or if you can make reservations. There is a number on the site you can call to see if you can get some answers.

http://www.jennylakeboating.com/

Good luck in your planning.

Deb

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

No reservations needed for the Jenny Lake cruise. But, it is pretty much just a "shuttle" over to the base of the trail head for cascade canyon. They take you over to the otherside of the lake, you will get off do some hiking then return to the dock for the return trip back. You can take the cruise over and do a shorter hike to some falls that are fairly close to the boat launch, also you can hike up to inspiration point, but a warning...it is a bit steep .If you are an avid hiker the trail beyond inspiration point into Cascade Canyon is one of our favorites. There is also a trail that you can follow back around Jenny Lake that takes you back to the parking lot, if you don't want to take the boat back.

If you are looking for more of a scenic cruise you might try the marina at Colter Bay (Jackson Lake). It is still on your way to Yellowstone. These cruises, however, are longer and run more infrequently.We usually make reservations ahead of time, but I'm not sure if they are required. When is your trip?? I know that when we have visited late August to mid September on 2 occasions the marina was closed. The top 20 feet (approx) of the water in Jackson Lake is owned by the Idaho Potato Farmers. If the area has had a dry winter it will bring the water level of the lake down. If you are traveling in June or July it shouldn't be a problem.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

Thanks Deb. I called that number shown on that website several days ago, but they are not answering yet, and I didn't see any other contact info for them (ie email). Guess I'll just keep trying phone. Thanks again

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

You'd think that they would have the departure times for the 1 hour scenic cruises on their website. I can understand not needing it for the shuttle because its probably frequent enough that its not big deal to wait for the next one. However, the 1 hour scenic cruise would be different. The website says they opened up on May 15 from 10am to 4pm so you'd think you'd be able to get someone to answer the phone if you called between those times.

Deb

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

Luvinlife - Thanks for the suggestions. Since we are looking for a scenic boat ride, I'll check Jackson Lake. We will be third week June. Already booked Barker Ewing for later in the week. Thanks again.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

Thanks to all. Deb, you were right. Today they answered. Scenic one-hour cruise once a day, at 5:00 pm, Thanks again.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

Glad you got through and got an answer.

Deb

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,453 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

Did they say how much the cruise is??? This sounds like something fun for our August trip.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

The website says Adult $15 and Child $7 for the 1 hour scenic cruise. It didn't list the age restriction for the Child's ticket.

Edited: 24 May 2010, 08:29
10. Re: Jenny Lake cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 11:56
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...