We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the tap water taste pretty good!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Does the tap water taste pretty good!

I usually carry my own container, and just fill it from a tap. Even on a cruise ship,. Where I live, part of the city is good, and part has an off taste, so just thought I would ask. I really do not want to buy bottled water. Thanks

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

born and raised on Oahu, its the best tap water I've had. living on Maui now its just not the same.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

Never had a problem with the tap water in Hawaii. I just don't ever drink bottled water anywhere in the USA.

Sometimes I put a little disinfectant in it like Dewars or Johnnie Walker but other than that its just fine.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,580 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

It's kind of a personal preference question, I think. I have no problem and always fill a water bottle several time with tap water - everywhere! Why not give it a taste when you get there...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

Always use Oahu's tap water, tastes fine to me.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

The water tastes fine. Some people have been convinced that bottled water is better, and sometimes that's the furthest thing from the truth. I would be hesitant if I was in a country that had questionable treatment facilities but you need not worry on Oahu. I always bring an empty water bottle in my carryon to use on vacation.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

Thanks....I read so many posts about how somebody is going to get off a plane and find the first place to buy water....heavy to carry, an unecessary expense, and then those @$#@$ bottles...everywhere!! I read where Grand Canyon national park actually outlawed the water bottles. Good for them.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

Water is great. No need to add to the landfill!!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

I don't happen to like the tap water here at all. I buy bottled water and recycle.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

So.... "Brownswater"...oh, I am sorry "BrownsborroRed" are you going to Hawaii or you are you just interested in the taste of the water? I sure hope you don't have to buy bottled water. If you do please recycle and stay off the coral. :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does the tap water taste pretty good!

I have to side with Ms Fuzz on this one, Maybe I am fussy but I think the tap water tastes gross.